Monday, February 25, 2013

Lazy Monday in Naples

 We had coffee at Starbucks this Sunday morning and then decided to leave our car where it was parked around the corner on 7th Street from 5th Avenue and walk to the Naples Pier off 12th Avenue.  We had lunch at the Olde Naples Pub where we are sitting here.  The sun was bright and it was about 84 degrees so we got a little sunburned.  Dorothy Ann was dressed better for the walk than I was, as you can see here.  We didn't think about getting sunburned when we set out to walk 13 blocks with the sun directly over head.  On our way back to our motel afterwards we stopped and bought some sun screen.
 NAPLES BEACH north of the pier.  The beach was packed with people as far as you could see up and down the shore.
 We walked on the Naples Pier and I got a good picture of this dolphin off the end of the pier.  There were about 5 or 6 dolphins swimming around  the pier and back and forth under it while we were there. People kept running back and forth from one side to the other trying to see them.  The pier was packed with people walking up and down and fishing off it.  I never saw anyone catch anything but there were dead fish floating on the water and pelicans were eating them.  The other birds that grabbed up one of the dead fish just dropped them right away.  I wondered if that was because of the red tide.
 Sea Oats growing in the sand.  I saw a large framed print of a photograph like this at the art festival and really liked it so I thought that I could make one like that too.  I don't know though.  I think my camera doesn't get good clear colors anymore.  I'll have to see.
Here's a store I saw on 13th Avenue.  It's down near the beach in a little shopping area where we went to a big Farmer's Market in the parking lot where we park when we go to the Olde Naples Pub. Jay and I like Lovejoy Antiques, just not this one.  Though, since I didn't actually go in this one, I don't know whether I would like it or not.

2 comments:

  1. Kai wants to know what the Red Tide is. Please answer promptly or face her wrath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't I say what that was? It is an algea that is in the water right now, the gulf water and it's in the air too and everyone is coughing and sneezing. It really irritates the throat and if you have allergies you are supposed to stay away from the beach!

      Delete