Friday, February 25, 2011

Coconut Grove, Florida



I ate lunch here at Scotty's Landing. Jay and I ate here when we visited before. It was cool so close to the water and fun to look out and see all the boats. Crowded tho. REALLY crowded! I was hot from riding the bike all around so I kind of cooled out while I waited. I could have ordered conch soup, or a conch sandwich, or conch appetizers, or conch fritters; but, I don't know, I didn't.





I rode Rhonwyn's bike to this Starbucks in downtown Coconut Grove. People were lined up practically out the door to get their coffee, including me. It was cool in there, so I sat awhile and read my book, one of Lawrence Block's burglar books that I borrowed from Ken and Melodie for this trip.








Rhonwyn's bike is the silver low-rider there with the high back rest. It's really easy to ride without that high cross bar. It's been a long time since I've ridden a bike so I was kind of wobbly. There are bike racks all over the place so it was really convenient to go into the town part of Coconut Grove that way. Also, there are bike trails along the roads, and one across the hwy from Park Ave., Rhonwyn and Steve's street, clear into Coconut Grove main street so it's easy to do. I just got off the phone with Bryan and we're meeting at Starbucks tomorrow morning. I should go pick him up, but I'm still leary about driving around here too much if I don't know the roads. I need to get a map of Miami.

No comments:

Post a Comment