Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grayling & the AuSable

Jay and Brit coming out of Gates' AuSable Fly Shop restaurant. That's the AuSable there behind the building.

We're back in lower Michigan after a couple days in the Upper Peninsula visiting Dave Loup, an old school friend of Jay's. I didn't have any access to wireless up there, (It's REALLY the back woods!! We kept looking out the window as we drove along and saying, "This is the NORTH WOODS!!). Dave has gotten so north woods he keeps punctuating every other thing he says with "A?" He told us about a really great deal a friend, who owns a bicycle shop, had in a new bike for half price. Only when we got there, it was sold. It wasn't what I wanted anyway. It was a Townie. After riding Rhonwyn's bike down there in Miami everywhere, I kind of thought I might like to get one of my own. Anyway, we went on over to Escanaba where Dave had another friend with a bike shop who had a sale on a girl's mountain bike, so I bought it. I didn't think to take a picture of it strapped to the top of our trailer. I'll do that later. Right now I'm sitting in the McDonalds in Grayling where there is wireless. Jay and Brit are fishing, of course. It rained last night... again. Thank heavens I thought to bring everything in before we went to bed. It was nice and sunny yesterday, but I saw clouds building up before dark. We're getting anxious to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment