Sunday, January 22, 2012

 Here is our rental car, parked in Steve's Porsche's spot because it's at the garage for it's annual checkup.  Rhonwyn has a Porsche now too... but it's only a two seater and we take her Acura when we all go out together.  She says you have to drive a Porsche to understand what it's like to have one.  I said I would love to!  But... Oh, well.
 Here's the front of Rhonwyn & Steve's house.  It is sunny as you can see, and 78 degrees outside.  This morning we went out to eat at their favorite restaurant... which was in one of the Burn Notice episodes this last season.  I'm going to go down there and get Jay to take a picture of me in one of those seats that I recognized in the show.  Maxine, you have to show Jaclyn the picture.
Here is Jay playing the piano that Steve's parents gave them as a wedding present.  That's their kitchen in the background.  We got here about 5 yesterday evening.  the flight was fine except I asked for a window seat and there wasn't a window in that part of the plane.  Who knew there was such a spot.  Jay didn't care but I did.  Jay didn't remember to bring a book and had to read one of mine to go to sleep the night before when we stayed at Motel 6 in FT. Collins.  It was an Alistair MacLean  book for those of you who are interested in such things... "When Eight Bells Toll".  I don't think he minded it too much.  I packed it in the checked bags though, so he had to read the Georgette Heyer book that I had on the plane.  He said it was kind of like a Scooby Doo mystery.  I had never thought of that, but it is a little.  These two sisters and a brother have inherited a big old manor house that they've moved into and there is a really frightening monk sneaking around the neighborhood that has the locals all spooked.  It's  called "Footsteps In The Dark" for those of you, once again, who care.  Rhonwyn and Steve are really busy with work all week so Jay and I are planning excursions on our own mostly I think.  We are going to go see a winery on the way down to Flamingo, Florida.  Right now Rhonwyn is in the kitchen yelling at her phone.  It's an I phone and to call someone you yell the name into it.  When she calls someone, it's a little disconcerting at first.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad somebody is having 78 degrees. It's another gray day here. It's windy and cold (W 23 mph, feels like 15 degrees.) It's perfect for getting cabin fever if I could get over this nagging cold and ear ache which has been my problem for 2 weeks. It does help to see your photos and read about your excursions so keep it up. Thanks.
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete