Friday, May 21, 2010

headed home

We are in Iowa at my sister's house right now. We left Greyling yesterday at noon and got here at midnight. We were going to return by way of Wisconsin but Jay found out Brit and Alex planned to fish the AuSable tuesday and wednesday so he couldn't stand to miss out on THAT! So we went back to Canoe Harbor to camp for another couple of days and got caught in a big wildfire south of the road. Well, it didn't reach our campsite, but it was pretty exciting there for awhile.

I got more pictures of gravestones for my family tree. My great grandparents are buried north of here about 60 miles, so we went up there and I found out some accurate dates and names, which I now know I didn't have. The one name, my great grandmother Eckels, is important because she was a remarkeable artist and I have two of her works hanging on my walls so I feel more of a connection to her than I would otherwise. What I want to know is, considering how good she was, where are some other of her works? I am trying to trace some of her other descendents to find out if anyone else has any of her pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment