Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I found a place to connect my computer in Grayling, Michigan at the McDonalds where I was able to get an espresso also. However, I haven't been able to download the picture I took of Jay and Brit sitting around having a cup of coffee before going fishing. I did download it on Facebook though, if you really want to see it. I'm going to try to take a picture of them fishing in the Au Sable before they quit so Brit can go back to Ann Arbor. It has been raining everyday since we've been here, tho it clears up part of the day anyway. We're going to Traverse City in a couple of days. We may go to eat at Gates Au Sable lodge for our 44 th anniversary tonight. We always try to eat Mexican, since it's Cinco de Mayo too, but we may not do that this time. We decided against Taco Bell.

We are following the oil spill in the gulf as much as we can. Jay has more of a grasp of the technical difficulties that might have led to the accident and what might be needed to plug the spills. He's tried to explain these things to the rest of us with more and less success. Joe and Melodie probably understand how that is working. Jay can get really technical, really fast, when it comes to talking about drilling for gas and oil.

Also, Jay and Brit are trying to follow the RedWings' games, but since we just have our little radio and the reception isn't too great out here in the `North Woods' (I love saying that!) they had to listen to the Wings get their socks beat off in the dark around a camp fire last night, with a bunch of static making it all worse. Oh well. I didn't notice anyone having a lot of sympathy for me when the Avalanche lost in the first round!!!

I suppose I had better sign off and head back out to our camp in the Canoe Harbor Camp Ground in case the fishermen are quiting fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment